Corinne Sophia was born on July 12th, 2011 at 1:27pm into the loving arms of her parents Emily and Ryan Moll at Mercy in Rogers, AR. Corinne immediately had medical complications and was helicoptered by the Angel One team to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock. After several days of medical testing and amazing medical care Corinne was diagnosed with Zellweger’s Syndrome, a rare metabolic genetic disorder that affects normal brain development and leads to respiratory distress and in Corinne’s case heart failure. Corinne was back transported, again by the Angel One helicopter team, to Washington Regional Hospital in Fayetteville, AR so she could be loved by all of her friends, family, and big brother Evan. Corinne passed on August 10, 2011 at 9:16pm in the arms of her Parents.

Thank you for reading our blog.
Best way to read Corinne's story from the beginning is to go to the left and drop down July and start with "Weekend before Corinne's arrival"

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 12-14 Visiting Evan

July 23-25 Saturday- Monday.
Corinne stayed relatively stable for her the next few days. Ryan and I were able to leave for 24hrs to drive home and see Evan. It was only the second time we had seen him. We thought it would be “easy” going home and seeing him, Corinne’s room, random people, etc. It wasn’t. It was devastating! Spending time with Evan was amazing. I fall more and more in love and in awe with him every day. While we were home we worked out with Ryan’s parents that Cheryl and my mom would stay with Evan for the next week. I set play dates up with my friends to give Cheryl breaks. But we realized that we needed to start game planning options on how to care for Evan and Ryan would have to return to work one day…. Little Rock is 3.5 hours from our house, we felt lost with trying to figure out how I could care for both children and how Ryan would have to start working again. Ryan’s parents had left Tennessee and had been helping us since the weekend after Corinne was born, but that couldn’t be the “forever” plan. I missed Evan, I needed to be a Mother to him just as much as I did for Corinne. Threw out this process I was overwhelmed with how to communicate with everyone. I needed people to know what we were going through so maybe someone could help in some way. But I was too overwhelmed to even understand what they could help with. Corinne was sick no one could fix that, no one could care for Evan full time. I didn’t care if my flowers died, my dog got walked, our mail got picked up, what I would eat that day, what cheaper hotel we were moving to so we could save money. It was all so much! On Monday after we returned from seeing Evan we heard the “genetic testing was in the building” but it could be 1-2days until the report got read and filed by the correct people. That was the only day I thought I was “going to lose it on doctor” but I thankfully didn’t and went back to our hotel room that night….and hoped by Tuesday we would “know”

No comments:

Post a Comment