Corinne Sophia was born on July 12th, 2011 at 1:27pm into the loving arms of her parents Emily and Ryan Moll at Mercy in Rogers, AR. Corinne immediately had medical complications and was helicoptered by the Angel One team to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock. After several days of medical testing and amazing medical care Corinne was diagnosed with Zellweger’s Syndrome, a rare metabolic genetic disorder that affects normal brain development and leads to respiratory distress and in Corinne’s case heart failure. Corinne was back transported, again by the Angel One helicopter team, to Washington Regional Hospital in Fayetteville, AR so she could be loved by all of her friends, family, and big brother Evan. Corinne passed on August 10, 2011 at 9:16pm in the arms of her Parents.


Thank you for reading our blog.
Best way to read Corinne's story from the beginning is to go to the left and drop down July and start with "Weekend before Corinne's arrival"

Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 25-27 Fashion Show



Perfect little feet!



Finishing up bath time!



Hat from CJ



Corinne's hat from Ronda



Hat number 2 from Ronda



Corinne's hat from Robin and Katie!



Our Family!



Ryan's friends Seth and Jordan from Alabama


August 5-7th Friday- Sunday
On Friday I wrote a letter to my sisters, Dad, and Mom letting them know what our wishes for Corinne’s funeral would be. I am a planner and I needed to know that if Ryan and I weren’t able to make decisions after Corinne passed that someone would know what we would want. It sucked! I felt like I was writing a business letter on an agenda for a weekly meeting. Obviously working in corporate America for 7 years my brain worked that way, but I felt..insensitive writing it.. Planning Corinne’s service was one of the hardest things I have done in my life. Here she was alive and I was driving around to cemeteries trying to find the best one instead of being with her. But I would have been so upset with myself if I would of just chose a random church, cemetery, flowers, music etc..
At this point we hadn’t exactly told people that we were making a decision to take Corinne’s ventilator out on Monday and that we could possibly just have hours with her. I am not really sure why we hadn’t told people. I wasn’t worried about being judged. I think at that point we felt very alone. We felt like people just didn’t understand the medical and emotional process we were going through.

Ryan had some friends and family come into town to meet Corinne that weekend.

I felt so alone and broken. I ached to hold Corinne but knew we could maybe just have minutes with her. I was worried we were making the wrong decision. Should we not take the ventilator out yet?? She had been so alert and responsive to me the last few days and her secretions weren’t as severe. But she was having 10-20 seizures a day. I then remembered something the doctor had said to me. He said that now was the best time to take out the vent because in many ways she was the healthiest she had ever been and she could be more successful breathing on her own.. and here I was thinking she had been the best she had been and I was taking that away from her by removing the vent. The doctors theory gave me peace.

Many of my friends had sent Corinne hats, so Sunday evening we tried them all on her and had a little fashion show! She looked so adorable!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment