Corinne Sophia was born on July 12th, 2011 at 1:27pm into the loving arms of her parents Emily and Ryan Moll at Mercy in Rogers, AR. Corinne immediately had medical complications and was helicoptered by the Angel One team to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock. After several days of medical testing and amazing medical care Corinne was diagnosed with Zellweger’s Syndrome, a rare metabolic genetic disorder that affects normal brain development and leads to respiratory distress and in Corinne’s case heart failure. Corinne was back transported, again by the Angel One helicopter team, to Washington Regional Hospital in Fayetteville, AR so she could be loved by all of her friends, family, and big brother Evan. Corinne passed on August 10, 2011 at 9:16pm in the arms of her Parents.

Thank you for reading our blog.
Best way to read Corinne's story from the beginning is to go to the left and drop down July and start with "Weekend before Corinne's arrival"

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 29- Family Holds Corinne

My Rinny Girls!

Grandpa, Grandma, Great Aunt Harriet, and Corinne

Grandpa Bob, Grandma Cheryl, and Corinne

High Five little sis

Moll Family

Me and my kiddos!

Evan, Grandma Vera, and Corinne

Grandma Vera, Elise, and Corinne

Grandpa Mike and Corinne

Grandpa Mike, Aunt Sarah, Cousin Elise, and Corinne

First time Aunt Sarah got to hold Corinne!

August 9th- Tuesday
It had been 24 hours since Corinne’s ventilator was taken out, her life support, and she was doing well. The doctor came Tuesday morning and I think in some ways he was shocked on how good she was doing. Up to this point we had no machines hooked up to her telling us her heart rate, oxygen levels, respiratory rate, and we weren’t taking any blood to check her ph and O2 levels. The doctor thought it would be good to run some blood work and hook her back up to her pulse ox to see some of her stats. We agreed, but it made her less wireless. We were still able to hold her (that’s all we did was hold her!) but we were constantly positioning all of her wires.

My sister Sarah arrived that day with her daughter Elise. We had family come up that day to see and hold Corinne for the first time since her ventilator was taken out. My dad, Sister Sarah, niece Elise, my mom, Ryan’s parents, and his Aunt all came to see, hold, and love Corinne that day. Evan also came up that day. We got our first family picture of all of us with me being able to hold Corinne. Evan at this point had become a little spoiled by all the family in town and attention he was getting so he wasn’t that interested in being with Corinne. That was hard for me. I really wanted to make “family” memories of the four of us. But I knew pushing Evan into it wouldn’t help the situation.

I left Corinne for 30 minutes to shower. I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack being away from her. It was the most inefficient shower I have ever taken 

At this point the nurses were just coming in every few hours to check on us. It was nice in many ways because I got to be Corinne’s full care giver! Nurses at Washington Regional weren’t as experienced with babies in Corinne’s health condition so they were always very hands on with her, at Children’s I got to do a lot of things by myself with Corinne. So I was happy that I got to change all of her diapers, manage her feedings, take her temp, obsessively count her heart rate and respiratory rate, and I even snuck in a bath.

That day was very hard for me. I had a lot of anxiety. Corinne was doing well but we knew it could be just a matter of hours until our world would drop out from under us. I tried to do “normal” things and lay there cuddling with her watching TV, listening to music, etc. I tried to soak up every moment with her but again I was breaking down inside.

1 comment:

  1. This brings me to tears as I read this and remember the first time I got to hold my precious granddaughter. Evan's pictures with his family are so sweet and will always be special .