Corinne Sophia was born on July 12th, 2011 at 1:27pm into the loving arms of her parents Emily and Ryan Moll at Mercy in Rogers, AR. Corinne immediately had medical complications and was helicoptered by the Angel One team to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock. After several days of medical testing and amazing medical care Corinne was diagnosed with Zellweger’s Syndrome, a rare metabolic genetic disorder that affects normal brain development and leads to respiratory distress and in Corinne’s case heart failure. Corinne was back transported, again by the Angel One helicopter team, to Washington Regional Hospital in Fayetteville, AR so she could be loved by all of her friends, family, and big brother Evan. Corinne passed on August 10, 2011 at 9:16pm in the arms of her Parents.


Thank you for reading our blog.
Best way to read Corinne's story from the beginning is to go to the left and drop down July and start with "Weekend before Corinne's arrival"

Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 28- Could it be her last?


Mommy and little Rin

Corinne watching a storm come in

Dress up time!

Cuddle Time with Daddy

Nap Time

Mommy, Daddy, And Corinne!

Mommy and C cuddle time

So maybe I slept a little :)

Ryan holding his precious daughter!

Corinne's first time being swaddled without the wires in the way

Mommy and Corinne

Ryans first time holding Corinne somewhat "wireless"

August 8th Monday
As I start to write this I take a deep breath and the tears start rolling down my check. Monday was the big day; we would be taking Corinne’s ventilator out. We could have a few minutes with her or a few hours to days. The vibe in the room was we would have minutes. The doctor told us that if she was not breathing he would bag her so we could at least have a few minutes of holding her before she passed.
For an hour Ryan and I just cried, prayed, and loved on her. When we were ready to take the vent out I asked if I could take off all of her other wires and leads. The only thing they we would leave on her was a picc line so they could deliver her morphine in last moments and a nasal cannula that stuck in her nose to deliver her oxygen. They decided to take her feeding tube out as well as we really didn’t think she would live more than a few minutes.
The minute they took the vent out my beautiful daughter came to life!! It was amazing. She responded terrifically to it. Within an hour we realized that she was stable and sustaining so we dressed her and were given a private labor and delivery room with a window (we were in an amazing private NICU room before but it had not windows).
Over the next several hours Ryan and I took turns holding her, me getting the majority of the time. If I wasn’t holding her I had my hand on her chest always waiting for her last breath. We took about 200 pictures that day. I just laid and cuddled with her and kissed her perfect lips over and over again! It was one of the best days of my life! Since we didn’t know how much time we had with her we only wanted Ryan and me to spend the day with her. Our parents were out in the waiting room in case we needed them. My sister Sarah was on a plane arriving Tuesday and my sister Rachel and her family arriving Wednesday. Each hoping they would make it in time to hold Corinne!
That night I really didn’t sleep I just laid there holding her all night long. It’s a nite of sleep I would give up over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment