Corinne Sophia was born on July 12th, 2011 at 1:27pm into the loving arms of her parents Emily and Ryan Moll at Mercy in Rogers, AR. Corinne immediately had medical complications and was helicoptered by the Angel One team to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock. After several days of medical testing and amazing medical care Corinne was diagnosed with Zellweger’s Syndrome, a rare metabolic genetic disorder that affects normal brain development and leads to respiratory distress and in Corinne’s case heart failure. Corinne was back transported, again by the Angel One helicopter team, to Washington Regional Hospital in Fayetteville, AR so she could be loved by all of her friends, family, and big brother Evan. Corinne passed on August 10, 2011 at 9:16pm in the arms of her Parents.


Thank you for reading our blog.
Best way to read Corinne's story from the beginning is to go to the left and drop down July and start with "Weekend before Corinne's arrival"

Thursday, December 1, 2011

How am I?...

"How are you?" is a daily questions I get from friends and family, well it use to be. Its been 4 months most people don't ask anymore.... I use tom come up with a new phrase to sooth them. I struggle with what to say. I am a honest person but I am too sensitive to poeple's opinions at times.. Most days I wake up searching for something that will motivate me to be a happy mother, wife, and person. Most days I fail. And stay like a hermit in my house walking the rooms oblivious as to what is missing. Other days I put my act together and head out and pretend like nothing happened and keep living life. I think I pull those days off relatively well, but who knows.
I didn't know pain existed like this. I physically hurt for Corinne everyday. It however does bring me peace knowing she is in Heaven, the most amazing place ever and I long for the day we can be together!

I know people that lost their children too soon and they say it "was a blessing" and Corinne did bless me, but its very hard to feel blessed when you lost your child. For me Corinne did not have a huge legacy to leave behind.. no cancer awareness, no ad for drunk driving, no genetic disorder that could have game changing medical resources available to them one day. Zellweger will never be cured and mostly will continue to never be heard of. I am okay with that. I don't feel like I was blessed with Corinne to rid the world or educate them on ZS. But I do still search as to what this means for me as a women and mother. Because right now I feel empty and alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment